Annual Census Report
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
We conducted our annual census count at close of business on June 30, which is also the end of the Board's fiscal year. Here are some highlights:
- The number of pharmacists with an active license increased 2.5% from last year to 6,958.
- The number of technicians with an active certificate increased 13.7% from last year to 5,507.
- The number of pharmacies with an active permit increased 1.9% from last year to 1,657.
Overall, the pharmacy program has a total of 17,818 credentials, reflecting a 7.3% growth over the previous year.
- The number of CDS licenses issued to physicians increased 4.6% over last year to 15,269.
- The number of CDS licenses issued to dentists increased 4.2% over last year to 2,363.
- The number of CDS licenses issued to advanced practice registered nurses increased 24.9% over last year to 758.
Overall, the CDS program has a total of 21,916 credentials, reflecting a 5.9% growth over the previous year.
In sum, the Board has 39,734 credentials under management, reflecting a 6.5% growth over the previous year. We anticipate a continuation of the modest growth in the numbers of credentials for the short term future.